Saturday, February 2, 2013

4 weeks later...

Kinleigh,

It has been almost 4 weeks since you were born. It has been a roller coaster, but I think we are finally getting used to each other! Daddy had to go back to work a week after you were born, but you had a LOT of people loving on you and helping Mommy take care of you! Mimzi, Pops and Gigi, and Memaw all stayed at the house to help us learn how to take care of you.

I always used to think that parenthood wouldn't change me very much. I was wrong---you have turned my world upside down! If there is something wrong with you, I'm absolutely blind to it. You are perfect in my eyes, pretty girl. I have been taking pictures of you non stop because I'm obsessed with you!

It has been hard not knowing what to do all of the time. Babies don't come with a manual! Your daddy and I have exchanged the "What the heck do we do????" look about a billion times a day. But I know a little more now then I did when I brought you home, and I'm hoping that trend continues.

I hope that I can be a good mom to you. I want you to grow up having more good memories and thoughts towards me than bad. I'm a pretty Type -A, anxious person, and I'm praying that you don't inherit that from me. It's not fun, especially when you have a newborn that can't talk to you and tell you exactly what she needs.

But know this---I love you, kid!

-Mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment