Friday, December 28, 2012

The Waiting

Well, our doctor's visits have shown lots of fluid improvement. Kinleigh is still rolling around in there, and for the time being we have to just wait. Our official induction date is January 7th at 6 am. Because I hit 39 weeks next Saturday, they wouldn't induce me a day before, and evidently they don't induce on a weekend. So, yay.

I confess that I am very conflicted emotionally right now. Ever since they brought up the problem with the fluid, I just want her to be born so that I can see her and know that she is okay. I have this huge fear that something is going to go wrong inside of me and I won't have any clue or idea. I was so sure that she was going to come at any time! I got all of my to do list taken care of, and now I have nothing to do but sit around and watch the clock, thinking each little cramp or jab could be a contraction.

I am also nervous about delivering a huge baby. If the estimate is correct, then she probably weighs over 8 lbs by now. I'm 37 weeks 6 days as of right this second, so if she goes all the way then it's likely she could be 10 lbs!!! That is scary, people!

All that to say, the main thing is that she is healthy. I'm trying my best to surrender that whole need to control the situation to God and just let Him take care of my baby girl. She will come when she is ready. I know this. I just can't wait to meet her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment